Dec. 20, 2009
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brownulated sugar
- 3/4 cup swirled chocolate chips
1. Have ready a clean 1-quart reusable plastic or glass canister.
2. In a medium-size bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Spoon 1 cup of the flour mixture into a second bowl and add cocoa powder and cinnamon. Whisk to mix thoroughly.
3. Begin packing jar for gift: Spoon about half the flour mixture into bottom of jar. Use a small spice jar to lightly compress. Spoon in half the cocoa mixture; compress. Spoon in remaining flour mixture and cocoa mixture, compressing each layer.
4. Top second cocoa layer with granulated sugar and brownulated sugar, compressing each slightly. Pour chips over sugar and seal jar.
5. Write baking instructions on a tag (or print out); secure to jar with ribbon.
Baking Instructions: In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) melted and cooled unsalted butter with 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Stir in contents of jar.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets. Bake at 350°F for 13 to 14 minutes. Cool on sheets for 1 minute; transfer to rack.
Note: Brownulated sugar can be found in your grocery store’s baking section.
Makes: 1 mix in a jar; about 3 dozen cookies
Prep: 15 minutes
Servings Per Recipe 1 mix in a jar; about 3 dozen cookies
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 130
- Total Fat (g) 6
- Saturated Fat (g) 3
- Cholesterol (mg) 28
- Sodium (mg) 53
- Carbohydrate (g) 19
- Fiber (g) 1
- Protein (g) 2
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie di
Editor’s Note: We would like to know what you think. firstname.lastname@example.org